photo home-56.png photo about-48.png photo perfect-reads.png photo networks.png photo contact-47.png photo videos-4.png

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Story of Us: Link Up with From Mrs. to Mama

I'm linking up today with From Mrs. to Mama to answer the cute questions she posted on her blog in honor of Valentine's Day!  Enjoy.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Jason and I will have been together for 5 years in just a few weeks on February 23.  We get two fun days to celebrate in February!


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Jason and I met at the Houston Rodeo Cookoff.  I was with my friend Sheryl and Jason was with his friends from Corsicana.  After seeing each other from across the room, he walked over and introduced himself.  We instantly hit it off.  There was something about his smile that I immediately trusted and was drawn to.  He called me the next day and we went on our first official date just a few days later. 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have been married for 2.5 years.  It has flown by!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We were married on May 23, 2009 at Vargo's, a restaurant with the most amazing gardens (and peacocks) in Houston.  Although this is a popular place for weddings, it was extra special to us because at the time we were engaged, I lived across the street so we often went for walks in the gardens to visit the peacocks.  It was a medium sized wedding and it was everything we wanted: family, friends, good food, dancing, and peacocks! 


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Besides the usual babe and baby that we often call each other, Jason calls me Beans and I call him Bobby.  As I'm sitting here in bed typing this post, I have no idea why we started calling each other these names.  Jason can't remember either...how sad is that!  I don't care though.  I love our silly names.  We both love to be silly and can make each other laugh like no one else can!

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
His heart, his humor and his integrity.  I could go on and on though. 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Jason proposed on the beach in Matagorda where we often go on the weekends in the summer.  It was just us, on a walk in the afternoon, my favorite thing to do!  Afterwards we celebrated at dinner with my mom and step-dad who were in on it the whole weekend! 



8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I'm so spoiled!  Jason does it all!  He sent me "just because" flowers just the other day.  We both do a good job of taking time out of our busy life to celebrate anniversaries and milestones with each other. 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
BOTH!  Let's have a sunset dinner on the beach followed by a movie on the couch.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
There are so many things that I hope Jason and I get to do in the future.  Although we have already traveled a lot, both together and on our own, I would love to visit Europe with Jason.  We have both been there, but not together.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Not sure.  We will probably splurge on an extra special dinner!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
No.  Since we are thinking about buying a house and moving soon, that is present enough.  We actually don't normally do much in the way of Valentine's gifts.  Instead we celebrate our "meeting" anniversary just a week later. 

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communicate - Communicate - Communicate...and Laugh!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Being able to be your absolute self with your partner.  However stupid that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K