photo home-56.png photo about-48.png photo perfect-reads.png photo networks.png photo contact-47.png photo videos-4.png

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Happiness Project




I discovered The Happiness Project on another blog that I read and thought it would be fun to pickup, especially since it's the beginning of the year.  The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, by Gretchen Rubin seems to be more about enhancing your life rather than simply going from sad to happy. 

I'm very content with my life, but am the first person to admit that nothing is perfect and there are always things we can do to make our days here better.  I certainly am the type of person that needs to learn to stop and smell and the roses more.  I constantly find myself worrying about tomorrow rather than appreciating today which is why this book seems so appealing. 

I just picked it up yesterday so I'm not too far in, but I plan on doing monthly posts about my progress.  The book takes one area each month to focus on:

January - Vitality: Boost Energy
February - Marriage: Remember Love
March - Work: Aim Higher
April - Parenthood: Lighten Up
May - Leisure: Be Serious About Play (Sidenote: this is perfect for my birthday month!)
June - Friendship: Make Time for Friends
July - Money: Buy Some Happiness
August - Eternity: Contemplate the Heavens
September - Books: Pursue a Passion
October - Mindfulness: Pay Attention
November - Attitude: Keep a Contented Heart
December - Happiness: Boot Camp Perfect

Has anyone else read this book or is currently reading it?

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed this book. It puts a practical spin on creating your own happiness and being in charge of how happy you are when you find that things are not in your control.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site Design by Fabulous K