photo home-56.png photo about-48.png photo perfect-reads.png photo networks.png photo contact-47.png photo videos-4.png

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rocker Chick @ Heart

Although, I have some conservative views, work in a conservative environment, LOVE dressing preppy and would describe myself as a little boring and a definite homebody, I am still a rocker chick at heart!

Both my mom and dad raised me to LOVE music, exposing me to all kinds. My mom's taste of music is more on the softer, pop and jazz side...which I love! My dad also has an eclectic taste in music, but exposed me to more of the rock stuff.

I thought it would be fun to go down memory lane and go through all of the amazing shows I have been to during my short 26 years. Enjoy!


First Concert Ever: Melissa Ethridge
My dad took me and it definitely opened my eyes to a new culture. Great show!


Most seen (4-way tie) @ 3 times:
Nora Jones, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Dave Matthews Band


Coolest Experience at a Concert (3-way tie):


1. At an Ashlee Simpson concert, I waited for her after the show to exit. Me and a bunch of pre-teen girls. It was worth the hour long + wait, I got her autograph and a cool picture!

2. At the Vans Warped Tour in 2001, my friend and I were approached my someone who worked for the tour and asked if we wanted to go backstage. Always the skeptic, I asked what exactly we would have to do...I was only 17 and had my morals of course! All we had to do was help serve lunch to the bands and we would be given an all-access pass. Duh! We served lunch to Sum 41, 311, Rancid, and other punk/ska bands. It was great. The best part was being on-stage during all of the performances!

3. For Jason's birthday the first year we were dating, I got us pit tickets to see The Fray and Gomez (thanks Christian!). J and I were having to fight off 10 year olds for the best spot in the pit. the 10-year olds were winning until Jason caught a guitar pic from the band! The 10 year olds actually thought we would give it to them...yeah right!


The "Ouch" Award: The Offspring
At The Offspring concert in 2001, I thought I was really cool and went crowd surfing...all was great until I was dropped! Ouch!


The "Lucky Girl" Award (tie): Weezer and Foo Fighters



1. At a Weezer concert, I left my seat to use the ladies room. On my way walking back, I wasn't allowed back at my seat because the lead singer of Weezer (Rivers) was walking around the venue during a song. All of the sudden, he walked right past me and I got to grab his arm!

2. At a Foo Fighters concert, the lead singer, Dave Grohl, did a similar act and walked around the stadium to reach the all of us commoners in the back. He walked right past me and touched my hand!


The Rain or Shine Award: No Doubt



No Doubt in the early 90's. It was POURING and my poor dad toughed it out with me. I was obsessed with Gwen Stefani and a hurricane would not have stopped me from going to this show. We had lawn seats so it was muddy and miserable. My dad even slipped down the muddy hill. Thanks dad!


Best Concert Ever Award:Jamie Cullum


Jamie Cullum at Warehouse Live Houston. He put on the most lively and mind blowing show ever. Small and intimate venue made it that much better. Can't wait until he does another tour...please Jamie, come back!


Full List of Concerts Attended (as much as I can remember):

311 - Aerosmith - Alanis Morisette - Alien Ant Farm - Ashlee Simpson - Ben Folds - Ben Folds Five - Better Than Ezra - Blake Shelton - Blink 182 - Britney Spears - Clint Black - Collective Soul - Creed - Dave Matthews Band - Deftones - Destiny's Child - DMX - Eve 6 - Faith Hill - Filter - The Fray - The Flyes - Foo Fighters - Godsmack - Gomez - Hoobastank - The Hunger - Jamie Cullum - Lenny Kravitz - Limp Bizkit - Lit - Mandy Moore - Melissa Ethiridge - Method Man/Redman - Motley Cru - No Doubt - Norah Jones - Offspring - Our Lady Peace - Owsley - Papa Roach - Rancid - Reba McIntyre - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Shania Twain - Smashing Pumpkins - Soul Coughing - Spacehog - Staind - Steve Miller Band - Stone Temple Pilots - Stroke 9 - Sum 41 - Third Eye Blind - Tonic - Tower of Power - Train - Weezer



I have definitely seen some great shows! The band that I am obsessed with currently that I hope to see in October is Chevelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K